CONTACT / DIRECTIONS
Thank you for taking the time to check out SOLID Surf & Adventure! We would love to have the opportunity to show you and your friends / family a wonderful time in Nicaragua. To inquire about or book your stay, please contact us by sending an EMAIL with your desired travel dates, preferred accommodations, surf experience and/or any other questions you may have. Please see below for directions if you are looking to get to the surf camp yourself!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org * the best way to reach us!
- Phone: +505 2350 4781 (NI) / +1.609.840.7815 (US)
- Address: 100 meters west of Baseball Stadium, El Transito, Nagarote, Nicaragua
We accept reservations for all-inclusive packages, rooms at our Bed+Breakfast and groups of 4+ people at the hostel (min. 2 nights). However, if you are looking at our hostel option you can always check in by emailing us to see if we have beds available or book via HostelWorld or Booking.com.
- Check in: 1:00pm - 8:00 pm (more often than not rooms/beds are available as early as 8am!)
- Check out: 11:00 am
While cash is preferred, we do accept both PayPal and credit card (at an 8% fee - waived on deposits and for all-inclusive clients). Please note that there is no ATM in the town of El Transito.
- All-Inclusive Resort: A 50% deposit is required with balance due prior to or on the day of arrival
- Bed + Breakfast: A 50% deposit is required with balance due on day of departure or every Friday (whichever comes first!)
- Surf Hostel: Full payment due on day of departure or every Friday (whichever comes first!)
Via Car /Taxi ($60 taxi – $90 for 4x4 vehicle w/ A/C)
60 min. from Leon / 60 min. from Managua / 90 min. from Airport (Code MGA)
- Take ‘Carretera Vieja Leon’ and turn at KM 44 /El Transito sign
- Turn left (if you’re from Managua)
- Turn right (if you’re coming from Leon)
- Note: There is a small pulperia with a Pepsi sign in front)
- Take the dirt road about 15-25 min. all the way to the beach
- Turn right at the last road that will go along the beach
- You will hit a dead end where you must make a quick left and right to continue on this road
- Once you see another dead end look to the left for the big blue gate with a fin on it – the hostel logo!
Public Bus ($2 for taxi + $1 for bus fare + $1 per board bag)
- Take a taxi to Terminal ISRAEL (About $2 per person)
- Stand outside the main entrance of the terminal and catch the EL TRANSITO bus that will come from Oriental Terminal on the main street
- There should be a group of people waiting for busses to pass so you should be able to spot it easily
- The bus will have EL TRANSITO written on the top for easy spotting
- Busses leave at 12:00 pm / 1:00 pm / 3:00 pm
- Be early because sometimes the busses leave early
- Take the bus going to Managua and tell them you want to exit the bus at KM 44 for El Transito
- Get off the bus at KM 44 and wait for the bus coming from the other side of the road that will then turn left heading to El Transito on the dirt road
- Make sure you get to this junction before 4:00pm or you risk missing the last bus in to El Transito
- If you miss the last bus, try to hitch a ride (you’re still 13 km away)