Our front yard is the Pacific Ocean with four surf breaks spread across a mile stretch. In general, El Transito is a beach break that picks up any kind of swell and is consistent year round. There’s no need for boat trips when you have this type of selection – waves breaking at both low and high tide, providing different shapes for different levels of surfers – a perfect training ground.
When it gets too big for El Transito we travel north to Miramar (a reef break that needs more swell to break well). For advanced surfers, there’s a hollow reef break just 40 min. away that we can take you to conditions permitting.
- Surf Lessons*
- Surfboard Rentals
- Surf Photography*
- Surf Guiding*
- Boat Trip to another break*
- Transport to another break*
*All-Inclusive Packages include one surf lesson per person, a surf guide, daily surf photography, transport to Miramar and a boat trip (included when chosen as your adventure/tour activity).
- Dry Season (November – March): The dry season is beautiful with not a drop of rain and beautiful starry nights.
- Rainy Season (May – October): Expect sun to burn through morning with late thunderstorms (the light shows are epic!). It’s rare to have a full day of rain. Rainiest months are September and October.
- Biggest Swells (April – June): Chest to Overhead + / See Advanced+
- Smallest Swells (January – February): Knee to Head High / See Beginner
- Full Days of Offshore Wind: Usually November – April
- Avg. Ocean Temp: Mid 80’s / Jan and Feb are coolest (you might want a top)
- Avg. Air Temp: Mid 80’s to Mid 90’s / Hottest months are April and May