- PHYSICAL EDUCATION: Teach surfing and yoga to kids (or adults) to encourage trying something new and building confidence outside of the classroom.
- ENGLISH TEACHING ASSISTANT: Help facilitate instruction by organizing students, assisting in instruction and helping students complete classwork.
- SCHOOL LUNCH PROGRAM: NICA Fund encourages parents to send their children to school by serving meals for both primary and secondary school. Help to organize students, prepare plates and serve food.
- TOWN CLEANUP: Help keep our town clean through beach, water well, estuary and road cleanups, or educating on why recycling is important.
- PRE-K TEACHERS ASSISTANT: Great with kids? Help the Pre-K teacher with instruction and classroom management. The kids love to see new faces!
- CREA PROGRAM: The CREA Program (Crea means grow) uses Reflex Math and Khan Academy’s online program via iPads and computers to increase children’s reading and math abilities.
- LEARNING GARDEN: Have a green thumb? Help teach local kids how to grow vegetables and tend to the garden (water, plant and clean)
- LOCAL SCHOOL: Help improve the structure of the school and provide materials to keep kids interested in their education and increase attendance. (based on school needs)
- MEDICAL CLINIC: Are you a nurse, doctor or dentist? Then help us educate the town and aid in the development of the medical services available
- ART CENTER: Teach arts and crafts to kids, do recycling/upcycling projects or teach about environmental effects of waste (plastic in ocean, etc.)
- TURTLE SANCTUARY: Help protect mother and baby turtles and witness the hatching process.
- CUSTOMIZED PROGRAM: We will work with the local community to put together a program that is tailored to your skill set. Just let us know what you’d like to help with, and we’ll take care of making it happen!
Looking to sponsor a volunteer group trip? SOLID has you covered with discounted pricing, accommodations for every budget and easy planning. We encourage you to check out what the group retreat includes by clicking below.Group Retreats